Enter Split View
Split View requires OS X El Capitan or later, and the steps differ slightly based on which macOS you're using. If these steps don't work, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Mission Control, and make sure that “Displays have separate Spaces” is selected.
- Hover your pointer over the full-screen button in the upper-left corner of a window. Or click and hold the button.
- Choose ”Tile Window to Left of Screen” or ”Tile Window to Right of Screen” from the menu. The window then fills that side of the screen.
- Click a window on the other side of the screen to begin using both windows side by side.
You can split a window in Word 2008 for Mac so that you see two windows on-screen simultaneously, making moving text or images between documents easier. Word’s Split Window feature splits your active window into two separate panes, reducing or eliminating the need to scroll long distances. Mar 21, 2020 How to use Split View on a Mac By Tyler Lacoma March 21, 2020 Split-screen modes divide your computer screen into two different halves so you can view two separate windows at the same time. Nov 04, 2018 I have a Mac and can no longer use M Word. Do you have a 64-bit available. Mac OS Mojave. Today is the - Answered by a verified Microsoft Office Technician. Then in April 2018 Mac users running High Sierra started seeing warnings if they tried to open a 32-bit app stating that the app ‘is not optimised for your Mac’. Microsoft Word 2008.
- May 14, 2017 And now in Windows 10 1511, their implementation on Mac OS X 'split screen' goes to a whole new level. You now can do something like El Capitan split screen mode does: adjust window size of two apps as you wish. Better yet, you can adjust them even if they are the same app. (Say two word document windows).
- Sep 16, 2016 Demonstrating the use of Split Screen, an app which enable split screen feature (available on El Capitan and macOS Sierra) on Yosemite or earlier.
Other macOS versions
- Click and hold the full-screen button in the upper-left corner of a window.
- As you hold the button, the window shrinks and you can drag it to the left or right side of the screen.
- Release the button, then click a window on the other side of the screen to begin using both windows side by side.
Work in Split View
In Split View, you can use both apps side by side, without the distraction of other apps. Image code in microsoft word mac.
- Choose a window to work in by clicking anywhere in that window.
- Show the menu bar by moving the pointer to the top of the screen.
- Swap window positions by dragging a window to the other side.
- Adjust window width by dragging the vertical line between the windows.
- Switch to other apps or your desktop with Mission Control, or use a Multi-Touch gesture such as swiping left or right with four fingers on your trackpad.
Exit Split View
Microsoft Word Split Screen Sierra Mac Pro
- Move the pointer to the top of the screen to reveal the window buttons.
- Click the full-screen button in either window. That window exits Split View.
- The other window switches to full-screen view. You can switch to the full-screen window with Mission Control, or use a Multi-Touch gesture such as swiping left or right with four fingers on your trackpad.