With the release of macOS 10.15 Catalina,Office 365 for Mac and Office 2019 for Mac support macOS 10.15, 10.14, and 10.13. Moving forward, as new major versions of macOS are made generally available, Microsoft will drop support for the oldest version and support the newest and previous two versions of. Apple on Tuesday launched OS X 10.9, aka Mavericks, as a free upgrade for most Mac owners, including those with machines up to six years old. Install Office for Mac now. Office 365 customers get the new Office for Mac first. You’ll have Office applications on your Mac or PC, apps on tablets and smartphones for when you're on the go, and Office Online on the web for everywhere in between.
Moving from your PC to your new Mac? Consider it done.
Feb 23, 2014 Unlock the full Microsoft Office experience with a qualifying Office 365 subscription for your phone, tablet, PC, and Mac. Office 365 annual subscriptions purchased from the Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook or OneNote apps will be charged to your App Store account and will automatically renew within 24 hours prior to the end.
With macOS, you can move all the information from your old PC to your new Mac. Built-in Windows-to-Mac migration in macOS automatically transfers your documents, music, contacts, calendars, and email accounts (Outlook and Windows Live Mail), and puts them in the appropriate folders and applications on your new Mac. Just like that.
If you buy your Mac at an Apple Store, Personal Setup can help you get off to a great start.
Work with anyone.
Every Mac comes with Pages, Numbers, and Keynote — powerful productivity apps from Apple that help you create stunning documents, spreadsheets, and presentations. You can collaborate with one person or many people to create and edit Pages, Keynote, and Numbers files. And everyone can work on the same document at the same time — from across town or across the globe. You can also open, edit, and save Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files with these apps, so you can easily work with others, regardless of whether they’re on a Mac or PC.
Microsoft Office For Mac
Use Microsoft Office for Mac. Connect to Microsoft Exchange Server.
Fun fact: There’s a version of Microsoft Office written just for Mac. So you can use Word, Excel, and PowerPoint on a Mac just like on a PC.
macOS also provides built-in support for the latest version of Microsoft Exchange Server. So you can use all the apps you love on your Mac, and have access to your mail, contacts, and calendar from the office, all at the same time.
Access your files from anywhere with iCloud.
Your Mac comes with iCloud Drive, which lets you safely store all your presentations, spreadsheets, PDFs, images, and any other kinds of files in iCloud. Then you can access them from any device, including your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC.1
Thanks to its support for industry standards, macOS works with virtually all email providers and websites. It also lets you view the most common file types, including Office documents, PDFs, images, text files, MP3s, videos, ZIP files, and more.
So if you’re moving files from a PC or if your friends and colleagues send you files, you can rest assured they’ll work beautifully on your Mac.
Relax. Your camera, printer, and mouse work, too.
Almost any device that connects to a computer via USB, audio cable, or Bluetooth will work with a Mac. That includes digital cameras, external hard drives, printers, keyboards, speakers, and even your right-click mouse. And with technologies like AirPrint and the array of class drivers included with macOS, you can start using these devices as soon as you plug them in — no need to manually download additional software.
A Mac can even run Windows.
Have a Windows application you need to use once in a while? No problem. Every new Mac lets you install and run Windows at native speeds, using a built-in utility called Boot Camp.
Setup is simple and safe for your Mac files. After you’ve completed the installation, you can boot up your Mac using either macOS or Windows. (That’s why it’s called Boot Camp.) Or if you want to run Windows and Mac applications at the same time — without rebooting — you can install Windows using VMware or Parallels software.2
It takes only 30 seconds to find out at. Microsoft office 2016 on macbook air. Are you a student? You may get Office 2016 for Mac for free or at a substantial discount.
Connect to PCs over a network.
The Finder not only lets you browse files on your Mac, it also makes it easy to find files on other computers — both Mac and PC — on your home network. Computers that allow file sharing automatically show up in the Shared section of the Finder sidebar, allowing you to browse files and folders you have permission to view.
Works on macOS
- Microsoft Office for Mac and Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents created on a Mac or PC
- Windows using Boot Camp or third-party software
- Access to Microsoft Exchange Server in Mail, Contacts, and Calendar
- Virtually all email services and providers
- Popular file types such as PDF, JPG, ZIP, MP3, PSD, and more
- Digital cameras, printers, hard drives, mice, and keyboards with USB connections
- Wi‑Fi hotspots and Windows networks
- Text messaging with Skype, Facebook, WeChat, LINE, and more
Office 365 ProPlus is being renamed to Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise. For more information about this change, read this blog post.
Microsoft Office For Mac Download
This article discusses known issues that may occur with Office for Mac applications on MacOS 10.7 (Lion).
- Microsoft has been working with Apple from the early days of MacOS 10.7 (Lion). Through this partnership, many issues were addressed leading up to the Lion release. Microsoft will continue to work closely with Apple to address problems that may occur with Office for Mac 2008 and 2011 and Lion OS.
- Sync services are not available with OSX versions 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or higher.
There are two major Office for Mac issues Microsoft is aware of running on Lion:
Communicator for Mac crashes when you send an IM or start an audio/visual call.
Microsoft will resolve this issue in an upcoming update to Communicator for Mac.
Office for Mac 2004 will not run on Lion.
Previous MacOS versions supported Rosetta, an Apple Mac OSX bridge technology that enabled applications such as Office for Mac 2004 to run on the latest chip architecture for Mac. Because Lion no longer supports Rosetta, applications that relied on it will no longer function under the new MacOS.
Here is a list of other known issues that Microsoft is currently investigating. These issues will likely only be encountered in specific situations or configurations:
Excel 2008 or 2011
- Excel may crash when you move a sheet from one workbook to another workbook.
- Excel 2011: MSQuery for English will work on Lion. However, it will not work on other language versions of Excel 2011 on Lion.
- Excel 2008: MSQuery will not work on any version of Excel 2008 on Lion.
- The date format may display the year as 2 digits instead of 4 digits.
Word 2008 or 2011
- The date format may display the year as 2 digits insead of 4 digits.
PowerPoint 2008 or 2011
- Pressing the Command and Tab keys to open another application while in Presenter View may crash PowerPoint.
- Switching out of or quitting Slide Show in full-screen mode may result in inconsistent window behavior.
- You may be prompted to save your presentations when switching windows.
Entourage 2008 or Outlook 2011
- You may be unable to import messages from Lion Mail.
Office 2008 or 2011
- Reference tools may have redraw problems and links may not work.
- Chart data labels may not be visible.
- Equation editor may not function correctly.
Microsoft Office For Mac Os X Lion 10.7.5
- May not correctly open the file in the rich client application. The following workaround will work with Safari or Firefox:
- Quit Safari or Firefox.
- On the Go menu, click Applications.
- Select Safari or Firefox.
- On the File menu, click Get Info.
- Select the check box for Open in 32-bit mode.
- Quit and open Safari or Firefox.