- Office For Mac 2011 Reinstall
- Uninstall Microsoft Office 2011 Mac
- Reinstall Microsoft Word 2011 Mac Bug
Aug 22, 2015 Uninstall Office 2011 Macbook, iMac, Macbook pro, macbook air, Yosemite OSX, El Capitan OSX, Mac mini, Mac pro.
Office 365 ProPlus is being renamed to Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise. For more information about this change, read this blog post.
Office For Mac 2011 Reinstall
When you try to start any Office for Mac applications (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Entourage, or Microsoft Outlook for Mac) in Mac OS X 10.6.x (Snow Leopard), you receive the following error message:
- Dec 09, 2013 There is a corrupted file in my word for mac 2011. I want to uninstall and reinstall the app. How can i do this and preserve my preferences such as custom dictionary, macros, etc.
- If you rename or modify any of the files in the Microsoft Office 2011 folder, you cannot install product updates. To correct this issue, drag the Microsoft Office 2011 folder to the Trash, and then reinstall Office 2011 from your original installation disk.
This error occurs if the Office program was moved or duplicated.
Step 1: Check the program path
When the error message is displayed, view the comments under 'Problem Details and System Configuration.'. Note the 'Path' that is listed in the error message, and then close the error message box. The path must be as follows:
Macintosh HDApplicationsMicrosoft Office 2008
Macintosh HDApplicationsMicrosoft Office 2011
If the path in the error message differs, you must move the application folder to its correction location. To do this, follow these steps:
- Locate the Office 2008 folder.
- Click to select the folder.
- On the Finder menu, click Edit, and then select Copy Microsoft Office 2008 or Copy Microsoft Office 2011.
- On the Finder menu, click Go, and then select Applications.
- On the Finder menu, click Edit, and then select Paste the Item.
- Start the Office program to see whether the problem is resolved.
If the problem continues to occur, there might be duplicate entries.
Step 2: Delete duplicate entries
To delete duplicate entries, follow these steps:
Microsoft word on mac revert to old file mac. On the Finder menu, click File, and then click Find.
In the search box, type the program name, and then press Enter. For example, type Excel.
In the results, look for duplicate instances of the Excel icon. If there is only one icon, go to 'step 3'. If there are several Excel icons, select a duplicate icon. On the Finder menu, click File, and then select Move to Trash.
Empty the Trash.
Start the Office program. If the problem continues to occur, remove and then reinstall the Office program.
Step 3: Remove and then reinstall Office
To remove Office 2011, follow these steps:
- Quit all applications.
- In the Finder, click Go select Computer.
- Open your hard drive (Macintosh HD), then open the Application Folder.
- Click to select Microsoft Office 2011 drag and then drop it to the Trash.
- Reinstall Office for Mac 2011.
Uninstall Microsoft Office 2011 Mac
To remove Office 2008, follow these steps:
Reinstall Microsoft Word 2011 Mac Bug
- Quits all applications.
- In the Finder, click Go, and then select Computer.
- Open Macintosh HD, then open the Applications folder.
- Open the Microsoft Office 2008 folder.
- Open the Additional Tools folder.
- Double-click the Remove Office file. The 'Remove Office' window will open.
- Click Continue.
- Follow the directions that are provided.
- Reinstall Office 2008 on your computer.