Feb 23, 2020 You can disable the Add-ins to avoid Word not responding problem. Then, use the Microsoft Word Recovery feature to recover the unsaved Word document on Windows 10/8/7. Fix 1: Disable the Add-ins. One of the main factors that might be responsible for Word not responding issue is usually due to an incompatibility with the third party Add-ins.
- Nfs Not Responding
- Cpu Not Responding
- Microsoft Word Keeps Not Responding Mac Os
- Wireshark Not Responding
- Microsoft Word Keeps Not Responding Mac Fix
- Hi Guys, This issue is driving me crazy. Microsoft Word keeps 'not responding' after launching or closing due to Endnote.
- 2020-4-1 This post provides 10 ways to help you fix Word not responding Windows 10/Mac, Microsoft Word has stopped working, Word crashes or keeps freezing issues, and provides a professional Word file recovery software for Windows 10/8/7 and Mac to enable you to recover lost or unsaved document file.
- If you are trying to recover and resolve all the issues related to MS word, then you need to just note down the tips and the easy hacks that have been mentioned. You can simply get back all the uns.
- Solutions to fix the ‘Microsoft Excel 2016 is not responding’ error All the solutions described below have been found useful in one or the other case. Try them one by one. Solution 1: Open Excel in Safe Mode. Opening Excel in Safe Mode is a common do-it-yourself and straightforward solution to fix ‘Excel 2016 is not responding’ problem.
- While it might seem complicated at first, you can easily fix the Microsoft Word not responding Mac issue by following the right approach. In this extensive guide, we will teach you how to force quit Word on Mac and fix the Word not responding on Mac problem like a pro.
If you meet Microsoft Word not responding problem when saving and don't what do to, calm down, try the solutions provided here. Not only can you learn how to solve the problem, but also you can recover the unsaved Word document without data loss. What's more, a professional data recovery tool is highly recommended to help you restore the deleted Word document with a high success rate.
Word 2016 Doesn't Respond When Saving
'I was working on a paper for school last night. But Word suddenly stopped responding when I tried to save the document. Is it possible to save my work before I force Word to close? I'm using Word 2016 on a Windows 10 computer.'
Usually, when Microsoft Word crashes or freezes, it throws a frustrating error message 'Microsoft word not responding' or ' Microsoft Word has stopped working'. When facing this issue, one has no other option but to force quit the program. It's a disaster if you haven't saved your Word file!
To help you out, this page shows you how to fix Microsoft Word when it doesn't respond and recover unsaved Word document on Mac and Windows.
|Workable Solutions||Step-by-step Troubleshooting|
|Fix 1. Disable the Add-ins||Click File > Choose Word Options > Click Add-ins > Click Manage: Com-in Add and Go..Full steps|
|Fix 2. MS Office Application Recovery||Go to Start > Choose All Programs > Choose Microsoft Office Tools > Click MS Office Application Recovery..Full steps|
What to Do When Microsoft Word Is Not Responding
You can disable the Add-ins to avoid Word not responding problem. Then, use the Microsoft Word Recovery feature to recover the unsaved Word document on Windows 10/8/7.
Fix 1: Disable the Add-ins
One of the main factors that might be responsible for Word not responding issue is usually due to an incompatibility with the third party Add-ins. Therefore, we advise you to disable the Add-ins to check if this is the cause of the issue.
1) Go to File > Word Options > Add-ins Tab.
2) Click the 'Go' button near the drop-down box named 'Manage: Com-in Add'.
3) Click the checkbox to disable any add-ins listed there and click 'OK'.
Fix 2: Try MS Office Application Recovery
Another handy solution you can try to fix Microsoft word not responding error and recover unsaved document is using MS Office Application Recovery feature.
1) Go to Start > All Programs > Microsoft Office Tools > MS Office Application Recovery.
2) Choose the document that's not responding when you see a list of currently running office applications.
3) Click the option 'Recover Application' and recover the document you were working on.
Applying MS Application Recovery utility is one of the many methods to recover unsaved Word document on Windows 10. You can follow the link and check all-sided resolutions to restore unsaved Word file because of Word crash, freezing, error code, or accidental closure.
Bonus Tip: Use EaseUS Recovery Software to Recover Lost Word Document
If your Word document is saved but lost due to accidental deletion, storage device formatting, virus attack, or system crash, you can't get it back using the ways for restoring unsaved files. But the loss of Word file frequently happens for most users; then how to recover deleted Word document? Using EaseUS hard drive recovery software Now. This file recovery program allows you to recover lost DOC/DOCX, XLS/XLSX, PPT/PPTX, PDF, HTML/HTM, CWK, as well as photos, audios, videos, emails, and other 200 + types of files.
Except for recovering files from the internal hard drive of the computer, this capable data recovery software is still good at recovering data from SD card, CF card, external hard drive, USB flash drive, Pen drive, and so on.
Now, download and use EaseUS file recovery tool to retrieve lost Word document within three steps.
Step 1. Choose the Word file location.
Do you know where you lost Word files? Choose the hard disk drive or a specific folder and click the San button. If it's on a USB flash drive or SD card, take one more step to connect it to your computer.
Step 2. Scan all lost data.
The software will start immediately scanning all lost data on the selected drive, and you'll see more and more data showing up in the scan results. After the scan, use the quickest way to the wanted Word documents by choosing 'Documents' from the drop-down list in 'Filter'.
Step 3. Select Word files and recover.
You're allowed to preview a Word file if you have Microsoft Word application installed on your computer. Finally, select the desired documents and click 'Recover'.
Useful Tips to Avoid Microsoft Word Not Responding Error
- Protect your PC from Virus and Malware
- Protect your PC from an unexpected power surge
- Never close the Word document suddenly
- Don't use the Microsoft Office program on a mapped network drive
Microsoft word not responding error might cause an unrecoverable data loss disaster, which is the last thing that you want to happen in this world. Remember all these tips will help you stay far away from such a problem.
One of the most depressing moment is when you click on the Save button to save a Word document you are working on, an error pops up and says: Microsoft Word is not responding. The error also happens when you try to open a Word document.
If you can't save or open a Word file because Microsoft Word is not responding on Windows or Mac, here are how to fix it and save the document.
Microsoft Word Not Responding When Opening or Saving a Document(Windows)
1. Repair Microsoft Word
If MS Word is not responding on your Windows 10/8/7 PC when you try to save or open a document, you can start to fix the problem by repairing the Microsoft Word application.
Access the Repair Tool
On Windows 10, right-click the Start button and click Apps and Features. Select Microsoft Word from the Apps list and select Modify.
On Windows 8, 7, click the Start button and select Control Panel. Open Programs > Uninstall a program. Right-click on Microsoft Word and select Change.
Run the Repair Tool for Microsoft Word
If your Microsoft Office is installed by click-to-run, you will see the window 'How would you like to repair your Office Programs'. click Online Repair > Repair.
If your Microsoft Office is MSI-based installed, you'll see the 'Change your installation' window, click Repair > Continue.
Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the repair. Then try to open or save the Word document and see if Word is responding now.
2. Disconnect Network Drive
If you are using a network drive to save the Word files, Microsoft Word doesn't respond if the network drive is not existing or offline. You may disconnect the network drive from your computer to fix the unresponsive Microsoft Word.
Step 1 Go to My Computer.
Step 2 Right-click on it and select Disconnect Network Drive.
Step 3 Click the letter of the drive that the Word files are saved to and click OK to disconnect the drive.
Now all contents on the network drive can be accessed via Windows Explorer.
3. Disable Add-ins in Microsoft Word
When your Microsoft Word is not responding, Add-ins for Word may be the culprit. Disable all the add-ins for Word.
Step 1 In Microsoft Word, click File > Word Options > Add-ins.
Step 2 Under Manage: Com-in Add, click Go to open all add-ins.
Step 3 Disable all add-ins and click OK.
4. Save Document When Microsoft Word Not Responding
If Microsoft Word is not responding and you have to close Microsoft Word without saving the Word document, you can try to recover the unsaved Word document in the following 2 ways.
Search for Word Backup Files
By default, Microsoft Word turns on 'Always create backup copy' option so that it will create a backup copy of the working Word file automatically. Here is how to access the backup copy in different versions of Word.
For Word 2016: Click 'File > Open > Browse'.
For Word 2013: 'File > Open > Computer > Browse'
For Word 2010: Click 'File > Open'.
For Word 2007: Click 'Microsoft Office Button > Open'.
Then navigate to the folder where you last saved the Word file.
In the Files of type list (All Word documents), click 'All Files'. Find and click the backup file and then open it.
If you couldn't find a backup of the unsaved Word file, use a Data Recovery to get it back.
Use FonePaw Data Recovery to Restore Lost Files
FonePaw Data Recovery can quickly and deeply scan your computer to retrieve deleted Word documents as well as images, videos, audios, and more from hard drives (including Recycle Bin) on Windows 10/8/7/XP. See how easy it is to find back lost documents:
Step 1 Launch FonePaw Data Recovery.
Step 2 Select the Document file type and hard disk drive to go into the scanning process. It will be better if you remember which drive the Word documents are saved to. If not, choose all hard disk drives.
Step 3Click Scan. Quick Scan will be carried out automatically.
Step 4 Check the scanned results by Type List and Path List. Just check all the Word document file found. You are always allowed to preview the files.
If you find the result unsatisfying, try Deep Scan which may take some time.
Fix Microsoft Word Not Responding on Mac
If Microsoft Word doesn't respond on Mac, you may force quit the application and fix the problem with the following methods.
Nfs Not Responding
1. Clear the Auto Recovery folder
Step 1 Open the Go menu and click Home.
Step 2 Go to Documents > Microsoft User Data then you will find the Office Autorecovery folder.
Step 3 Open the folder, there are the autorecovery files of Microsoft application. You can copy or move the files to somewhere else to save them. Then delete all the files in the folder.
Now launch Microsoft Word and see if it is responding now.
2. Remove Word Preferences Files
Cpu Not Responding
Step 1 Click Go > Go to the folder, then type ~/Library to open the Library folder.
Microsoft Word Keeps Not Responding Mac Os
Step 2 Open the Preferences folder and select the Word preference file, which is named as com.microsoft.Word.plist. Move the file to somewhere else like the desktop.
Now launch Microsoft Word and see if it is responding.
If the problem still exists, do the follows:
Restore the file named com.microsoft.Word.plist to the original folder, then exit all Microsoft Office programs.
Then, Click the Word icon > Preferences > Personal Settings > File Locations > User templates.
You will find a file named Normal. Move it to the desktop.
Now launch Microsoft Word and test the program.
3. Save Word Document on Mac
The worst case is that Word is not responding so that the document can't be saved, you can try to retrieve unsaved Word document with FonePaw Data Recovery for Mac.
Wireshark Not Responding
FonePaw Data Recovery for Mac can scan out all the existing and deleted Word document on your Mac and save Word documents as soon as possible. Read How to Recover Unsaved Word Documents on Mac.
All the above are the ways to fix and save document files when Microsoft Word is not responding on Mac or Windows.
Microsoft Word Keeps Not Responding Mac Fix
- Hot Articles
- Proven Ways to Solve Facebook Messenger Not Responding
- [Fixed] WhatsApp is Not Responding on Android/iPhone
- MS Office Recovery: Recover Deleted Office Files
- Is There a Way to Recover Lost Word Document?
- PDF Recovery: How to Recover and Repair PDF Files
- Excel AutoSave Location: Where to Find and Recover Unsaved Excel Files (2016/2013/2007/2003)
- PowerPoint Recovery: How to Recover Deleted or Unsaved PowerPoint (2007/2010/2013/2016)
- Uninstall Office (2011/2016) for Mac Completely
- How to Recover Unsaved, Lost, or Deleted Word Document on Mac 2019