Microsoft Remote Desktop Download
We regularly update the Remote Desktop client for macOS, adding new features and fixing issues. Here's where you'll find the latest updates.
Jul 30, 2019 I'm having the same exact issue. Using a macbook Microsoft Remote Desktop 10 v. 10.2.13 to remote into an office computer windows 10 1903. When I use a windows laptop to rdp into the office windows rdp it works fine. So the problem is the macbook OS which I think is not compatible with the windows 7 or 10 OS. Added dark mode support for macOS Mojave 10.14. An option to import from Microsoft Remote Desktop 8 now appears in the Connection Center if it is empty. Addressed folder redirection compatibility with some third-party enterprise applications.
If you encounter any issues, you can always contact us by navigating to Help > Report an Issue.
Updates for version 10.3.9
Date published: 4/6/20
In this release we've made some changes to improve interoperability with the Windows Virtual Desktop service. In addition, we've included the following updates:
- Control+Option+Delete now triggers the Ctrl+Alt+Del sequence (previously required pressing the Fn key).
- Fixed the keyboard mode notification color scheme for Light mode.
- Addressed scenarios where connections initiated using the GatewayAccessToken RDP file property didn't work.
This is the last release that will be compatible with macOS 10.12.
Updates for version 10.3.8
Date published: 2/12/20
It's time for our first release of 2020!
With this update, you can switch between Scancode (Ctrl+Command+K) and Unicode (Ctrl+Command+U) modes when entering keyboard input. Unicode mode allows extended characters to be typed using the Option key on a Mac keyboard. For example, on a US Mac keyboard, Option+2 will enter the trademark (™) symbol. You can also enter accented characters in Unicode mode. For example, on a US Mac keyboard, entering Option+E and the 'A' key at the same time will enter the character 'á' on your remote session.
Other updates in this release include:
- Cleaned up the workspace refresh experience and UI.
- Addressed a smart card redirection issue that caused the remote session to stop responding at the sign-in screen when the 'Checking Status' message appeared.
- Reduced time to create temporary files used for clipboard-based file copy and paste.
- Temporary files used for clipboard file copy and paste are now deleted automatically when you exit the app, instead of relying on macOS to delete them.
- PC bookmark actions are now rendered at the top-right corner of thumbnails.
- Made fixes to address issues reported through crash telemetry.
Updates for version 10.3.7
Date published: 1/6/20
In our final update of the year, we fine-tuned some code and fixed the following behaviors:
- Copying things from the remote session to a network share or USB drive no longer creates empty files.
- Specifying an empty password in a user account no longer causes a double certificate prompt.
Updates for version 10.3.6
Date published: 1/6/20
In this release, we addressed an issue that created zero-length files whenever you copied a folder from the remote session to the local machine using file copy and paste.
Updates for version 10.3.5
Date published: 1/6/20
We made this update with the help of everyone who reported issues. In this version, we've made the following changes:
- Redirected folders can now be marked as read-only to prevent their contents from being changed in the remote session.
- We addressed a 0x607 error that appeared when connecting using RPC over HTTPS RD Gateway scenarios.
- Fixed cases where users were double-prompted for credentials.
- Fixed cases where users received the certificate warning prompt twice.
- Added heuristics to improve trackpad-based scrolling.
- The client no longer shows the 'Saved Desktops' group if there are no user-created groups.
- Updated UI for the tiles in PC view.
- Fixes to address crashes sent to us via application telemetry.
In this release, we now accept feedback for the Mac client only through UserVoice.
Updates for version 10.3.4
Date published: 11/18/19
We've been hard at work listening to your feedback and have put together a collection of bug fixes and feature updates.
- When connecting via an RD Gateway with multifactor authentication, the gateway connection will be held open to avoid multiple MFA prompts.
- All the client UI is now fully keyboard-accessible with Voiceover support.
- Files copied to the clipboard in the remote session are now only transferred when pasting to the local computer.
- URLs copied to the clipboard in the remote session now paste correctly to the local computer.
- Scale factor remoting to support Retina displays is now available for multimonitor scenarios.
- Addressed a compatibility issue with FreeRDP-based RD servers that was causing connectivity issues in redirection scenarios.
- Addressed smart card redirection compatibility with future releases of Windows 10.
- Addressed an issue specific to macOS 10.15 where the incorrect available space was reported for redirected folders.
- Published PC connections are represented with a new icon in the Workspaces tab.
- 'Feeds' are now called 'Workspaces,' and 'Desktops' are now called 'PCs.'
- Fixed inconsistencies and bugs in user account handling in the preferences UI.
- Lots of bug fixes to make things run smoother and more reliably.
Updates for version 10.3.3
Date published: 11/18/19
We've put together a feature update and fixed bugs for the 10.3.3 release.
First, we've added user defaults to disable smart card, clipboard, microphone, camera, and folder redirection:
Next, the bug fixes:
- Resolved an issue that was causing programmatic session window resizes to not be detected.
- Fixed an issue where the session window contents appeared small when connecting in windowed mode (with dynamic display enabled).
- Addressed initial flicker that occurred when connecting to a session in windowed mode with dynamic display enabled.
- Fixed graphics mispaints that occurred when connected to Windows 7 after toggling fit-to-window with dynamic display enabled.
- Fixed a bug that caused an incorrect device name to be sent to the remote session (breaking licensing in some third-party apps).
- Resolved an issue where remote app windows would occupy an entire monitor when maximized.
- Addressed an issue where the access permissions UI appeared underneath local windows.
- Cleaned up some shutdown code to ensure the client closes more reliably.
Updates for version 10.3.2
Date published: 11/18/19
In this release, we fixed a bug that made the display low resolution while connecting to a session
Updates for version 10.3.1
Date published: 11/18/19
We've put together some fixes to address regressions that managed to sneak into the 10.3.0 release.
- Addressed connectivity issues with RD Gateway servers that were using 4096-bit asymmetric keys.
- Fixed a bug that caused the client to randomly stop responding when downloading feed resources.
- Fixed a bug that caused the client to crash while opening.
- Fixed a bug that caused the client to crash while importing connections from Remote Desktop, version 8.
Updates for version 10.3.0
Date published: 8/27/19
It's been a few weeks since we last updated, but we've been hard at work during that time. Version 10.3.0 brings some new features and lots of under-the-hood fixes.
- Camera redirection is now possible when connecting to Windows 10 1809, Windows Server 2019 and later.
- On Mojave and Catalina we've added a new dialog that requests your permission to use the microphone and camera for device redirection.
- The feed subscription flow has been rewritten to be simpler and faster.
- Clipboard redirection now includes the Rich Text Format (RTF).
- When entering your password you have the option to reveal it with a 'Show password' checkbox.
- Addressed scenarios where the session window was jumping between monitors.
- The Connection Center displays high resolution remote app icons (when available).
- Cmd+A maps to Ctrl+A when Mac clipboard shortcuts are being used.
- Cmd+R now refreshes all of your subscribed feeds.
- Added new secondary click options to expand or collapse all groups or feeds in the Connection Center.
- Added a new secondary click option to change the icon size in the Feeds tab of the Connection Center.
- A new, simplified, and clean app icon.
Updates for version 10.2.13
Date published: 5/8/2019
Capture, organize and share your ideas with digital notebooks that you can access on any device. Find things quickly with a powerful search engine that tracks your tags, indexes your typed notes, and recognizes text in images and handwritten notes. Is there a free microsoft word for mac.
- Fixed a hang that occurred when connecting via an RD Gateway.
- Added a privacy notice to the 'Add Feed' dialog.
Updates for version 10.2.12
Date published: 4/16/2019
- Resolved random disconnects (with error code 0x904) that took place when connecting via an RD Gateway.
- Fixed a bug that caused the resolutions list in application preferences to be empty after installation.
- Fixed a bug that caused the client to crash if certain resolutions were added to the resolutions list.
- Addressed an ADAL authentication prompt loop when connecting to Windows Virtual Desktop deployments.
Updates for version 10.2.10
Date published: 3/30/2019
- In this release we addressed instability caused by the recent macOS 10.14.4 update. We also fixed mispaints that appeared when decoding AVC codec data encoded by a server using NVIDIA hardware.
Updates for version 10.2.9
Date published: 3/6/2019
- In this release we fixed an RD gateway connectivity issue that can occur when server redirection takes place.
- We also addressed an RD gateway regression caused by the 10.2.8 update.
Updates for version 10.2.8
Date published: 3/1/2019
- Resolved connectivity issues that surfaced when using an RD Gateway.
- Fixed incorrect certificate warnings that were displayed when connecting.
- Addressed some cases where the menu bar and dock would needlessly hide when launching remote apps.
- Reworked the clipboard redirection code to address crashes and hangs that have been plaguing some users.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Connection Center to needlessly scroll when launching a connection.
Updates for version 10.2.7
Date published: 2/6/2019
- In this release we addressed graphics mispaints (caused by a server encoding bug) that appeared when using AVC444 mode.
Updates for version 10.2.6
Date published: 1/28/2019
- Added support for the AVC (420 and 444) codec, available when connecting to current versions of Windows 10.
- In Fit to Window mode, a window refresh now occurs immediately after a resize to ensure that content is rendered at the correct interpolation level.
- Fixed a layout bug that caused feed headers to overlap for some users.
- Cleaned up the Application Preferences UI.
- Polished the Add/Edit Desktop UI.
- Made lots of fit and finish adjustments to the Connection Center tile and list views for desktops and feeds.
There is a bug in macOS 10.14.0 and 10.14.1 that can cause the '.com.microsoft.rdc.application-data_SUPPORT/_EXTERNAL_DATA' folder (nested deep inside the ~/Library folder) to consume a large amount of disk space. To resolve this issue, delete the folder content and upgrade to macOS 10.14.2. Note that a side-effect of deleting the folder contents is that snapshot images assigned to bookmarks will be deleted. These images will be regenerated when reconnecting to the remote PC.
Updates for version 10.2.4
Date published: 12/18/2018
- Added dark mode support for macOS Mojave 10.14.
- An option to import from Microsoft Remote Desktop 8 now appears in the Connection Center if it is empty.
- Addressed folder redirection compatibility with some third-party enterprise applications.
- Resolved issues where users were getting a 0x30000069 Remote Desktop Gateway error due to security protocol fallback issues.
- Fixed progressive rendering issues some users were experiencing with fit to window mode.
- Fixed a bug that prevented file copy and paste from copying the latest version of a file.
- Improved mouse-based scrolling for small scroll deltas.
Updates for version 10.2.3
Date published: 11/06/2018
- Added support for the 'remoteapplicationcmdline' RDP file setting for remote app scenarios.
- The title of the session window now includes the name of the RDP file (and server name) when launched from an RDP file.
- Fixed reported RD gateway performance issues.
- Fixed reported RD gateway crashes.
- Fixed issues where the connection would hang when connecting through an RD gateway.
- Better handling of full-screen remote apps by intelligently hiding the menu bar and dock.
- Fixed scenarios where remote apps remained hidden after being launched.
- Addressed slow rendering updates when using 'Fit to Window' with hardware acceleration disabled.
- Handled database creation errors caused by incorrect permissions when the client starts up.
- Fixed an issue where the client was consistently crashing at launch and not starting for some users.
- Fixed a scenario where connections were incorrectly imported as full-screen from Remote Desktop 8.
Updates for version 10.2.2
Date published: 10/09/2018
- A brand new Connection Center that supports drag and drop, manual arrangement of desktops, resizable columns in list view mode, column-based sorting, and simpler group management.
- The Connection Center now remembers the last active pivot (Desktops or Feeds) when closing the app.
- The credential prompting UI and flows have been overhauled.
- RD Gateway feedback is now part of the connecting status UI.
- Settings import from the version 8 client has been improved.
- RDP files pointing to RemoteApp endpoints can now be imported into the Connection Center.
- Retina display optimizations for single monitor Remote Desktop scenarios.
- Support for specifying the graphics interpolation level (which affects blurriness) when not using Retina optimizations.
- 256-color support to enable connectivity to Windows 2000.
- Fixed clipping of the right and bottom edges of the screen when connecting to Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 and earlier.
- Copying a local file into Outlook (running in a remote session) now adds the file as an attachment.
- Fixed an issue that was slowing down pasteboard-based file transfers if the files originated from a network share.
- Addressed a bug that was causing to Excel (running in a remote session) to hang when saving to a file on a redirected folder.
- Fixed an issue that was causing no free space to be reported for redirected folders.
- Fixed a bug that caused thumbnails to consume too much disk storage on macOS 10.14.
- Added support for enforcing RD Gateway device redirection policies.
- Fixed an issue that prevented session windows from closing when disconnecting from a connection using RD Gateway.
- If Network Level Authentication (NLA) is not enforced by the server, you will now be routed to the login screen if your password has expired.
- Fixed performance issues that surfaced when lots of data was being transferred over the network.
- Smart card redirection fixes.
- Support for all possible values of the 'EnableCredSspSupport' and 'Authentication Level' RDP file settings if the ClientSettings.EnforceCredSSPSupport user default key (in the com.microsoft.rdc.macos domain) is set to 0.
- Support for the 'Prompt for Credentials on Client' RDP file setting when NLA is not negotiated.
- Support for smart card-based login via smart card redirection at the Winlogon prompt when NLA is not negotiated.
- Fixed an issue that prevented downloading feed resources that have spaces in the URL.
Updates for version 10.2.1
Date published: 08/06/2018
Jun 16, 2018 Microsoft Office 2016 Crack Mac + Windows Free Download. Microsoft Office 2016 Crack is a productivity suite designed for Windows, Mac as well as Apple and many other devices. It introduces many changes. Microsoft Office 2016 Crack Mac is not only a refreshed interface compatible with the users who are familiar with Windows or mobile platforms. Microsoft office 2016 mac download with crack.
- Enabled connectivity to Azure Active Directory (AAD) joined PCs. To connect to an AAD joined PC, your username must be in one of the following formats: 'AzureADuser' or 'AzureADuser@domain'.
- Addressed some bugs affecting the usage of smart cards in a remote session.
Updates for version 10.2.0
Date published: 07/24/2018
- Incorporated updates for GDPR compliance.
- MicrosoftAccountusername@domain is now accepted as a valid username.
- Clipboard sharing has been rewritten to be faster and support more formats.
- Copy and pasting text, images or files between sessions now bypasses the local machine's clipboard.
- You can now connect via an RD Gateway server with an untrusted certificate (if you accept the warning prompts).
- Metal hardware acceleration is now used (where supported) to speed up rendering and optimize battery usage.
- When using Metal hardware acceleration we try to work some magic to make the session graphics appear sharper.
- Got rid of some instances where windows would hang around after being closed.
- Fixed bugs that were preventing the launch of RemoteApp programs in some scenarios.
- Fixed an RD Gateway channel synchronization error that was resulting in 0x204 errors.
- The mouse cursor shape now updates correctly when moving out of a session or RemoteApp window.
- Fixed a folder redirection bug that was causing data loss when copy and pasting folders.
- Fixed a folder redirection issue that caused incorrect reporting of folder sizes.
- Fixed a regression that was preventing logging into an AAD-joined machine using a local account.
- Fixed bugs that were causing the session window contents to be clipped.
- Added support for RD endpoint certificates that contain elliptic-curve asymmetric keys.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the download of managed resources in some scenarios.
- Addressed a clipping issue with the pinned connection center.
- Fixed the checkboxes in the Display tab of the Add a Desktop window to work better together.
- Aspect ratio locking is now disabled when dynamic display change is in effect.
- Addressed compatibility issues with F5 infrastructure.
- Updated handling of blank passwords to ensure the correct messages are shown at connect-time.
- Fixed mouse scrolling compatibility issues with MapInfra Pro.
- Fixed some alignment issues in the Connection Center when running on Mojave.
Updates for version 10.1.8
Date published: 05/04/2018
- Added support for changing the remote resolution by resizing the session window!
- Fixed scenarios where remote resource feed download would take an excessively long time.
- Resolved the 0x207 error that could occur when connecting to servers not patched with the CredSSP encryption oracle remediation update (CVE-2018-0886).
Updates for version 10.1.7
Date published: 04/05/2018
- Made security fixes to incorporate CredSSP encryption oracle remediation updates as described in CVE-2018-0886.
- Improved RemoteApp icon and mouse cursor rendering to address reported mispaints.
- Addressed issues where RemoteApp windows appeared behind the Connection Center.
- Fixed a problem that occurred when you edit local resources after importing from Remote Desktop 8.
- You can now start a connection by pressing ENTER on a desktop tile.
- When you're in full screen view, CMD+M now correctly maps to WIN+M.
- The Connection Center, Preferences, and About windows now respond to CMD+M.
- You can now start discovering feeds by pressing ENTER on the **Adding Remote Resources*- page.
- Fixed an issue where a new remote resources feed showed up empty in the Connection Center until after you refreshed.
Updates for version 10.1.6
Microsoft Remote Desktop App
Date published: 03/26/2018
- Fixed an issue where RemoteApp windows would reorder themselves.
- Resolved a bug that caused some RemoteApp windows to get stuck behind their parent window.
- Addressed a mouse pointer offset issue that affected some RemoteApp programs.
- Fixed an issue where starting a new connection gave focus to an existing session, instead of opening a new session window.
- We fixed an error with an error message - you'll see the correct message now if we can't find your gateway.
- The Quit shortcut (⌘ + Q) is now consistently shown in the UI.
- Improved the image quality when stretching in 'fit to window' mode.
- Fixed a regression that caused multiple instances of the home folder to show up in the remote session.
- Updated the default icon for desktop tiles.
Discus and support Connect RDP on MAC in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How to connect RDP in Mac with Microsoft Remote Desktop 10. and rectify Error: 0x204 when trying to connect to server using Microsoft remote desktop.. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sunilamja, Dec 17, 2019.
Microsoft Remote Desktop For Mac
Connect RDP on MAC - Similar Threads - Connect RDP MAC
Microsoft RDP client for Mac receiving 'Unable to connect' error code 0x5000007 from..in Windows 10 Network and SharingMicrosoft RDP client for Mac receiving 'Unable to connect' error code 0x5000007 from..: Microsoft RDP client for Mac receiving 'Unable to connect' error code 0x5000007 from Microsoft RD GatewayWe have RD Gateway server setup and running well. All of our Windows clients can RDP from outside the firewall, but Mac users continue to receive and error; 'Unable to..
RDP Connecting issuein Windows 10 CustomizationRDP Connecting issue: I was unable to login RDC using the correct password. In my host pc i used to login using Pin. Do you think its because im using Pin to my host pc and Remote Desktop will only allow the password? Or did someone know to fix this. I am able to work because my password doesnt..
RDP connection disconnectsin Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and DebuggingRDP connection disconnects: Hi,I use RDP to connect to a windows terminal server and for 5 years never had any issues until now. As of a few days my session cuts off and the window closes after a few minutes of having a successful connection. I restart the connection again and it just happens..
RDP connectionin Windows 10 Drivers and HardwareRDP connection: my RDP seems to be having isssues, resulting in me disconnecting because the computer 'lags' or screen doesn't update.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rdp-connection/493d9013-ca9b-440f-8c2d-b243a1b10e0d
RDP on MAC error code 0x204in Windows 10 Software and AppsRDP on MAC error code 0x204: Im using RDP on a macbook and imac to access my home desktop and works perfectly from my workplace and etc. I also set it up on my partners computer (also macbook) and when we test it using our home network and my private hotspot it works perfectly.I have configured the..
RDP from Windows 10 to MACin Windows 10 Network and SharingRDP from Windows 10 to MAC: I can RDP from my MAC to my Windows 10, but I want to go the other way. RDP is set up correctly because I use it to RDP to a variety of machines. How can I go from Windows 10 to MAC?..
rdp connection refused from mac (os 10.6), from windows it worksin Windows 10 Network and Sharingrdp connection refused from mac (os 10.6), from windows it works: has anyone a hint what this problem could solve: I have 4 computers in my lan. 1 win10, 1 win 7, 1 win2008 and a macbook with os 10.6 i want to establish a rdp session from macbook to win10. Result: no connect (but i can ping and telnet on port 3389 th win10 maschine from..
Connecting to a Macin Windows 10 Network and SharingConnecting to a Mac: Hey, Since upgrading to Windows 10 I am unable to connect to my MacBook Pro. I have attached the screenshot to show the where you enter the network credentials but it will not accept. It is simple. You enter the mac username and password and hit OK. Anyone else had..
Connecting to a Macin Windows 10 Network and SharingConnecting to a Mac: Hi Guys, I wonder if anyone here networks with a PC! I have upgraded my early 2011 17' MacBook Pro to Elcapitan and my custom PC to Windows 10. Prior to this the OSX was Yosemite and Windows 8.1. I could connect to the Mac from Windows no problem. Since upgrading..