Apr 16, 2018 To resolve this problem, use one of the following methods, depending on your version of Office for Mac. Excel 2016 for Mac Step 1: Quit all programs and close all windows. On the Apple menu, click Force Quit. Select an application in the 'Force Quit Applications' window. Note You cannot quit Finder. Click Force Quit. Can I install Office 2016 for Mac and Office for Mac 2011 on the same computer? Yes, you can install and use Office 2016 for Mac and Office for Mac 2011 at the same time. However, we recommend that you uninstall Office for Mac 2011 before you install the new version just to prevent any confusion. Uninstall Office for your installation type. The steps to uninstall Office depend on the type of installation you have. The most common installation types are Click-to-Run and Microsoft Windows Installer (MSI). The other type is an Office installation from the Microsoft Store app.
You can view these separate terms and policies through the Other Services’ websites or settings, as applicable. The Other Services may not be available in all regions. Other Services. Your use of Other Services or of Software features that rely on Other Services may be governed by separate terms and subject to separate privacy policies. Microsoft play and charge for mac. The Software may include features that provide an access point to, or rely on, other services, websites, links, content, material, integrations or applications, including as provided by independent third parties (“Other Services”).-->
Office 365 ProPlus is being renamed to Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise. For more information about this change, read this blog post.
- Hassle-Free Ways to Uninstall Microsoft Word 2016 for Mac. Bernice Curry; 17-02-27 10:10; 9234; Wanna uninstall Microsoft Word 2016 for Mac? Have no clue how to delete app leftovers? The tutorial will show you the proper way of uninstalling Mac apps. Microsoft Word 2016, released on macOS in 2015, is the word-processing app in Office suite.
- So, there are a lot of people who want to completely uninstall Office 2016 Mac. How to Uninstall Microsoft Office 2016 on Mac. Microsoft Office is an amazing tool but it doesn't work as smooth on Mac as it does on Windows. For such reasons, people try to remove it from their MacBook.
- If it prints successfully from Notes that tell us that you have a problem with your installation of Microsoft Office. In that case you may need to uninstall Office 2016 from your Mac and then reinstall it. See Troubleshoot Office 2016 for Mac issues by completely uninstalling before you reinstall.
- Dec 13, 2018 If Microsoft Office 2016 is added in the Dock on your Mac, you can remove Microsoft Office 2016 on your Mac through removing Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Outlook from the Dock. It is the third method for you to uninstall Microsoft Office 2016 on your Mac.
When you try to start any Office for Mac applications (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Entourage, or Microsoft Outlook for Mac) in Mac OS X 10.6.x (Snow Leopard), you receive the following error message:
This error occurs if the Office program was moved or duplicated.
Step 1: Check the program path
When the error message is displayed, view the comments under 'Problem Details and System Configuration.'. Note the 'Path' that is listed in the error message, and then close the error message box. The path must be as follows:
Macintosh HDApplicationsMicrosoft Office 2008
Macintosh HDApplicationsMicrosoft Office 2011
If the path in the error message differs, you must move the application folder to its correction location. To do this, follow these steps:
- Locate the Office 2008 folder.
- Click to select the folder.
- On the Finder menu, click Edit, and then select Copy Microsoft Office 2008 or Copy Microsoft Office 2011.
- On the Finder menu, click Go, and then select Applications.
- On the Finder menu, click Edit, and then select Paste the Item.
- Start the Office program to see whether the problem is resolved.
If the problem continues to occur, there might be duplicate entries.
Step 2: Delete duplicate entries
To delete duplicate entries, follow these steps:
On the Finder menu, click File, and then click Find.
In the search box, type the program name, and then press Enter. For example, type Excel.
In the results, look for duplicate instances of the Excel icon. If there is only one icon, go to 'step 3'. If there are several Excel icons, select a duplicate icon. On the Finder menu, click File, and then select Move to Trash.
Empty the Trash.
Start the Office program. If the problem continues to occur, remove and then reinstall the Office program.
Microsoft Office For Mac Download
Step 3: Remove and then reinstall Office
To remove Office 2011, follow these steps:
- Quit all applications.
- In the Finder, click Go select Computer.
- Open your hard drive (Macintosh HD), then open the Application Folder.
- Click to select Microsoft Office 2011 drag and then drop it to the Trash.
- Reinstall Office for Mac 2011.
To remove Office 2008, follow these steps:
- Quits all applications.
- In the Finder, click Go, and then select Computer.
- Open Macintosh HD, then open the Applications folder.
- Open the Microsoft Office 2008 folder.
- Open the Additional Tools folder.
- Double-click the Remove Office file. The 'Remove Office' window will open.
- Click Continue.
- Follow the directions that are provided.
- Reinstall Office 2008 on your computer.
Delete And Reinstall Microsoft Office For Mac 2016 Reviews
If you’ve simply had enough of Office 2016 crashing on your Mac or just want to completely remove it, here’s how to fully uninstall Microsoft Office 2016 for Mac. Office 2016 is a huge package taking up more than 6GB of disk space (compared to 2.5GB in Office 2011 for Mac) with hundreds of files, libraries and components. It’s important therefore when uninstalling it that you make sure you uninstall all components, not just the main applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Unfortunately, Microsoft don’t make this as easy as it should be so here we show you the easiest and quickest way of uninstalling Office 2016 on Mac to make sure that nothing is left behind. Note that if you use Time Machine, there’s no need to uninstall Office 2016 if you just want want to uninstall an Office for Mac update.
Uninstall Office 2016 For Mac The Easy Way
The easiest way to completely uninstall Office 2016 for Mac and ensure that no files or folders are left behind is with an uninstaller app. Using an uninstaller is more effective than just dragging and dropping programs to the Trash because they detect all associated files and folders that could be left behind.
- Download and install AppCleaner. AppCleaner is a free tool which properly uninstalls applications in your Mac. It searches for all files and folders associated with Microsoft Office and then deletes them all during installation. Simply select or search for Microsoft Office 2016 applications, make sure all the folders and files you want to remove are selected and click Remove. Here’s an example uninstalling Microsoft Remote Desktop:
You will be simply asked for your admin password to complete the uninstall which will be done instantly when you click Remove. Note that there are also other uninstallers such as AppZapper that do the same job as AppCleaner but AppZapper costs $12.99 whereas AppCleaner is free.
Remove Office 2016 For Mac The Hard Way
Using AppCleaner is the quickest and easiest way to ensure that Office 2016 for Mac is removed from your Mac. However, you can also remove Office for Mac 2016 manually if you want to but we don’t recommend it because it’s considerably more complicated and only does exactly the same thing as AppCleaner.
Here’s how to remove Office 2016 for Mac manually.
Go to your Applications folder in Finder. Hold down the CMD key next to the space bar and select all Office 2016 for Mac programs that are installed i.e. Microsoft Excel, OneNote, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word. Then Ctrl-click or right-click and select Move to Trash:
However, this is only part of it. You must then manually remove all of the separate components and folders that are not removed using this method. Microsoft has posted full instructions on how to do this here but it’s a messy, time-consuming process that yields no better results than using AppCleaner.
If you have any questions, problems or issues on removing Office 2016 from your Mac, let us know in the comments below. You may also find our guide to fixing Office 2016 crashes on Mac useful too. If you just want to roll back and Office for Mac update, check out our guide about how to uninstall Office for Mac updates.